Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Travel Plans

I am feeling very hesitant to write anything since passing court for Abraham. Sometimes there just are no words. This is one of those times. I just feel like we are the luckiest two people to ever walk this green earth because we get to be able to bring this little guy home and love him forever. All the twists, the turns that lead Abraham into our arms. It is just unbelievable to me, even still.

So on to travel plans. My sister Amy will be traveling with me to get our little man. Abraham's embassy date is August 31st, oddly enough David's first day of his new job at the new school. Since we figured calling out the first week of school probably wouldn't be too impressive, we felt it was best he hang back on this trip, get settled in the new job, and he can go pick up baby girl if we ever pass court. If we pass on Friday he and his mom and maybe another(she is REALLY fiesty I'm telling you, it needs to be a 3:1 operation) may travel just 2-4 weeks after my sister and I. Yes, we could have delayed our travel to pick up Abraham and we all could have gone together, but there are not guarantees and we felt it would be best to get Abraham home.

On another totally different topic. David and I spent the afternoon in Sacramento. We had to get re-fingerprinted for USCIS again since our 15 month time period is close to ending and they are the folks who allow us to enter the U.S. with an immigrant...So we follow the rules. It was so easy. Last time we went to San Francisco, grabbed a number, and sat in a room of people waiting for at least a couple hours. Well must have been our lucky day. We walk in and immediately get fingerprinted. I finish quickly and watch David as he is fingerprinted and chatting with the lady fingerprinting him about our babies. She is ecstatic and then shouts to David as he leaves, "Bring in #1 and #2 when you come back for #3 and #4". Ha! Excuse me crazy USCIS lady there will be no talk of #3 or #4 for 3-5 years! Except if you can talk my husband into a sweet 5 year old boy named Yohannes. Well not really, but I am not hanging out with any more of the children for days on end this time because we both fell in love with a couple of them who we would love to have brought home. After fingerprinting we went downtown to eat some Ethiopian food. Plan on hanging out there a lot so we thought we would check it out.

So now we just wait. We wait for the next 25 days to pass and I will have our little man in my arms. I can't wait and am looking forward to returning to work tomorrow for my long stretch of work to pass the time. Only a few more weeks of work and I AM DONE! Well for the next 12 weeks anyways. Woo hoo!

And now some more pictures of little man. Just because he is sweeter than the sweetest blueberry pie with vanilla bean ice cream on top. Oh and in case you didn't realize, I masculinized my blog. Not sure that is a word, but the pink, just wasn't working anymore for obvious reasons. Although he looks quite fetching in pink don't you think? I do!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm so excited for you guys! Abraham is PRECIOUS- just beautiful. So thrilled to follow along!

Anonymous said...

He really is just perfect. I can't wait 'til you get him home. And little girl too, of course! I'l be checking in on Friday!