Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Embassy Date!

We received confirmation that Mimi's embassy date will be September 15th. Exactly 2 weeks and 1 day after Abraham. Right now I am in the middle of a pile of paperwork preparing for both embassy dates, not to mention we are moving on Saturday. So I have had to have frequent contact with our agency trying to figure out if we need to update the homestudy asap or if we can wait. Its all a big complicated mess.

Our situation is made even more difficult with the worry of visas for the children. I am hoping it won't be an issue but most families that adopt two children have the same embassy appointment and are issued their 2 visas on that day. Our embassy appointments are two weeks apart and we are hoping that will still fly. We did contact USCIS months ago regarding this and were told we are fine, but I am waiting for something to still go crazy. I will have no problem getting Abraham and returning home. If we run into problems it will be when David picks up Mimi. Have fun with that Sue! I have been told we are fine with this but still because it is not common I am worried. We shall see.

I have also gone back and forth about travel dates for Abraham. I have considered postponing his embassy appointment to be the same week as Mimi, but for some reason this still doesn't feel right to me. I plan on talking with our adoption coordinator about this in the next day or two and see what she thinks.

So if all goes as planned, I leave for D.C. in 16 days. Meet up with the sister and fly out the next morning. We had planned to see Mimi in Ethiopia, however, let's just say that our first agency is not making that very easy and I don't have time to deal with crazy right now. So I shall leave you with a few pictures of Miss Mimi.



Mimi really took to her Papa well and would let him hold her unlike some of us!



Although here is she letting me hold her because I had the MILK! Tolerating Mama=MILK=Okay with Mimi



And he is SO proud of her and thinks she is the greatest thing on this earth



Which I can't argue with except for its a dead on tie with an almost 8 month old boy



"Woe is me"- Typical Mimi look



Oh we have plenty of these sad face pictures. Its all drama. She is a happy little girl. I swear. You will see

No comments: