Between my sister Amy(the family lawyer) knowing the right people to contact at USCIS and my first adoption agency being extremely kind and cooperative we now have embassy dates for both our babies August 31st. It has been a stressful few days trying to figure out how all this would go down and now we know. Well kind of. Nothing is ever 100% but we were told that our lawyer in Ethiopia is quite confident it should go off without a problem. And if there is some delay it will only be a few days I think and I don't mind hanging in Ethiopia a little longer. David and my sister would have to fly back for work reasons but I could stay with my mother in law in Ethiopia. This is my way of telling her :) But this is unlikely.
So I frantically called my travel agent and within an hour she has tickets for both David and his mom. Amy and I have already purchased our tickets. I am so excited and am dealing with all this driving to work for 2 hours. A lot of traffic today. So she sends me the itinerary and I read it as I rush off to work. The flights look fine, great in fact as we all travel back from Addis together. Then David, his mom, and I stay one night in D.C with the sister and head back to Sacramento the next day. So we purchase the tickets(well someone purchases them) and tonight I am looking more carefully at the itinerary and notice both the travel agent and I forgot about Mimi! This is not a good start to motherhood. Already forgetting the kid. Well my excuse is I was rushed and trusted the travel would add her as a lap child ticket since I told her we were getting both children. Nope. So we have to take care of this on Monday but it shouldn't be a problem since she will be on daddy's lap or mine or whoever. The lap fare costs about $150 for the international flight. But she needs to have a ticket. Ugh... Sorry Wudinesh...If you ever read this one day, I'm sorry.
So we are just waiting to see what kind of accomodations we will now have since we have doubled in size over night. My agency is also sort of coordinating this which is nice. Then we will be good to go. This exact time 2 weeks from now I will be headed to the guest house in Ethiopia with Amy. We will nap(maybe) and then head over to pick up little man. If we are brave we will go pick up Mimi as well. I think we can handle it, but did I mention she is a screamer! That is okay, Daddy and Grandma will be in the next night for back up.
And I leave you with a video clip of our baby girl in Ethiopia. Harassing the sweet little boy with her lollipop. But I love the end of this video when she is sticking up for herself. Don't think I will worry about her in that regard. I don't know how I ended up with a child with such a fiery personality. I for one was a sweet, quiet girl who always listened to my mom and dad. Sarcasm. Big sarcasm. She is so my girl!

3 comments:
YIPPEEEEE!!! I am sooo glad the timing all worked out girl.
I LOVE the video, especially the background noise, so cool that they are playing music and singing with the kiddos....this is so special!
hugs,
Cori
I love the face she makes at the nanny holding the toy....too funny....she's going to be a kick in the pants!! Little doll baby!
Wow!! So soon. Praying it all goes as planned for you!
Post a Comment