Monday, March 15, 2010

Potty Training

My daughter will probably kill me one day for writing about her potty training time. But as of today we have begun potty training. She is 22 months and was showing some signs like she was ready. It is tough though. She did have an over 50% success rate today which is good I guess for the first day??? But poor baby girl made sure Momma put a diaper on her tonight before bedtime. I told her she would wear her panties until bedtime and then put on a diaper. She wasn't having it. "Diaper diaper diaper," she kept telling me. Okay okay so I put on her diaper. She had enough of potty training for the day I guess. But with the potty training come more laughs in this house. My favorite line today was when David tells Abraham in all seriousness...

"Bubba get your graham cracker out of the potty"

Our son loves the potty. He loves to pick it up, put it in his mouth, or wear it on his head. Lovely I know but we really do clean it in between but still no one should have a potty in their mouth.

And because I don't have a recent potty photo I leave you with this.


Addis Ababa, Ethiopia June 2009-Potty time at the orphanage

No comments: