And now. Home at last...In San Francisco at the Academy of Sciences. I think? Where were we? I can never remember the name of that place but it was a great place for kids. Thanks Cori for the pictures. We loved hanging out with you and Ruby.

On a different note. A random note. David and I had 2 names picked out for our soon to be daughter. This was before we ever saw a picture of her. The names were Naya and Ruby! I think I won that battle and we had finally decided on Naya when we got our referral for the beautiful Mimi. We couldn't call her anything else but that. Mimi! She wasn't a Naya. She wasn't a Ruby. She was a Mimi. But could we name her that? So then we spent hours upon hours searching for an "M" name. We would call her something else maybe "Makayla", "Mahara" or "Makeda" and have "Mimi" for her nickname. But nothing felt right. She was Mimi from day one. We love you sweet Mimi Wudinesh. And if you don't like your name one day you can talk to all the Ethiopian nannies and children at your first home who insisted you were a Mimi. We couldn't agree more. And just another note her birth name given to her by her birth family "Wudinesh" means "priceless". Right again! She is one of a kind and so "priceless" it's not even funny. It still seems very unfair to me sometimes that we get the complete joy of this child and her birth family doesn't. Just a thought to put into perspective any problems any of us seems to think we have :)
And just because I don't want to leave him out. Our son. This boy is growing into the most charming, sweet, funny little guy ever. Even though you still wake up once a night for a bottle little man, you bring me so much joy. Especially your 3 am smile and giggles. That's just worth getting up for.
P.S. I still look forward to the time when you don't get up in the night anymore... sort of :)

And due to the potty photo I must comment on the potty training progress of little Miss. She is stellar! We are going through the days almost accident free and she has a constant M&M buzz b/c she loves to pee every hour to get her prize. I'm still not sure if this will stick, the whole potty training thing, but it's looking good. She so knows what she is doing it's just a matter of if she actually wants to do this at this point in time. "Yeah Mimi"!!! As she says every time she goes potty on the...well the potty. It is promptly followed by "M&M???"
1 comment:
The difference in Mimi is just amazing. It's funny how kids just ARE their names, no matter what you pick out. My younger son was Billy until 1st grade where he became William. Maybe Bubba will by Abi by then! haha
(And I wouldn't mind waking up to that beautiful little face in the middle of the night either).
Post a Comment