Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hair Day and a Birthday

I spent my birthday exactly how I wanted. With my children in my arms. Well some of the time. The kids hung out in the pool for a couple hours before naptime. There was no formal lunch with high chairs. They ran to me to get a bite of pasta and cauliflower and ran back to the pool to chew. It was beautiful today and spring in here! I can't stand being in the house all day with the kids and love being outside sipping coffee while they dig in dirt, splash in the water, and have fun in the backyard.



David made me a great birthday dinner and since it was my day I got to let Miss Mimi stay up past 9:00 pm and hang out and eat the fancy dinner with us. She is such a pleasant and well mannered little girl that we can have a leisurely dinner sipping wine with her right there being well-behaved. Don't get me wrong she has her moments but not tonight on Momma's birthday. The boy. Well he would never just sit and mind his manners without throwing food on the floor or shouting out so he went to bed but got snuggles and a bottle from me so I don't think he even knew what he missed. Plus he will be up in about 6-8 hours for his bottle and will fall asleep in my bed probably curled up in my arms so don't feel too sorry for him that he missed out on the birthday dinner. He's got an okay thing going on as well. Mimi shared our steak and potatoes too and we introduced her to the "licking the spoon" concept.






And our hair day pictures because well it's hair day today! It looks good in these pictures but within an hour she started pulling out the colorful barrettes. And after finding Abraham stuffing one in his mouth I took them all out. Oh well. Maybe in a few years she will "get" the barrette thing and leave them in.


5 comments:

Mom said...

Happy Birthday 31 years ago a very happy day for me. I got a beautiful baby girl who is now such an awesome mom to the two most beautiful grandchildren anyone could ever hope for Love mom

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like the perfect day. Mimi's hair looks great! Maybe try a bead on the end; they won't come out so easy. See you guys in a couple weeks!

Calmil2 said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday!! Happy Birthday.

Mark and Megan said...

Glad you had a good birthday. Mimi's hair is cute!

Jenny said...

OMGosh her hair looks precious! How do you get her to sit still? I seriously need some tips. H is 12 months old and a little wiggleworm :)