Sunday, March 28, 2010

Girls Weekend Trip During the Week

My sister was in San Francisco on business a few days ago. Being the kind sister I am Mimi and I invited ourselves into her beautiful downtown hotel room for a couple nights and enjoyed the city. I still miss San Francisco with all my heart. When I go back I really don't want to leave. My little miss seemed to agree with me. The first 3 minutes out of the car she seemed freaked out, but within minutes she made herself at home in "Amy's house". She strutted down the hallways of that 4 star hotel like she owned the place. I forgot my camera so we are left with very few photos of the great time we had.

I don't take our kiddos out very often. We don't go out to eat and I much rather go shopping alone than lugging the kids with me. Luckily we have this option. But this week I found out my little miss is a very well behaved child in public. She sat with Momma as I met up with friends for coffee, lunch, dinner. We went to a couple of nice restaurants and she was just a perfect little girl.

We got to meet up with another little girl from Ethiopia and her Momma too at the science academy museum. Mimi loved the fish and beside her insisting she push her darn stroller all over the museum, it went well and it was so great to hang with another beautiful Habesha gal and her momma. Maybe I will get some pics from Cori(hint hint) and can post some of Mimi and Miss Ruby T.

Great time and in fact she was a bit bummed when we returned home and she knew her fun in the city was over. We will do it again little lady. Maybe we will bring Abi and Daddy next time too. Just an FYI. "Abi" is the new nickname we are trying to call "Bubba". So far its not going very well. He is just a "Bubba" right now! But we will keep trying. Poor guy. He loves calling out his name with such joy "BUBBA"!!!





No comments: