Saturday, May 2, 2009

11 AM

I roll out of bed around 11 am today. Sure, I worked a 12 hour shift last night, had one pretty tough laboring patient whose epidural did not work, and didn't get home until 3:30 am, but rolling out of bed at 11 am is very much the norm for me whether I am working or not. Or sometimes I wake up a little early(around 10am) and stay in bed relaxing with my computer for an hour until my body begins begging for coffee. I then get up, throw on my sweats, and head to Starbucks with Milo in tow. I get my coffee and biscotti to go, so I can come back home, lounge in my rocking chair with a book, the computer, or possibly a trash magazine (that seriously shows up in our mail every week even though we didn't subscribe!) for an hour or so before lunch. I won't even get into what my afternoons entail on my days off, but they include more relaxing, massages, and long peaceful walks with Milo.

It is May 2nd today and our court date is exactly one month away. Recently when I wake up to the bright sun shining at 11 am, I think how we are only weeks away before my life, our life, is about to drastically change. I am embracing these last weeks and enjoying every single minute, but I am ready for the next chapter. I try to think about what 11 am will entail only 7 weeks from now, when baby girl will be in our arms. Waking up multiple times a night, diapers, vomit, crying? Maybe...definately... But the smiles and the laughter that will fill our home then, will overshadow all the previously mentioned. Of this I am sure. One month to go!

Disclaimer: I do cook, clean, and work 40+ hours a week. I am not as lazy as this post implies!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

There is def an adjustment period with bringing home your first...HOWEVER you are sooo right in that the joy overrides all the stress, sleepless nights and any struggles. Can't wait to see her!

Anonymous said...

First of all, no one thinks you're lazy- I can't imagaine working a schedule like that! And secondly, yeah, life's gonna turn upside down. But in a good way. It'll be such an adjustment, full of ups and downs. But man, it's great! Can't wait for you guys to get her home!!