Uggggh! This time next week we will know if baby girl will be part of our family. Not that she isn't already. She has been part of our family in our hearts since October 21, 2008 when we first laid eyes on her. David is funny. He will look at pictures of other ethiopian baby girls and swear he has the cutest one! These other children our gorgeous, but he thinks we got the cutest girl in all the land. He may be right.
The last 2 days have dragged by so slowly. Luckily I go back to work tomorrow to work 6 days in a row. When I wake up after working my 6th night in a row I will know. I am so happy as I hope that time moves quickly. I seriously am consumed and it is very difficult to think about anything else. I just want an answer. I want to call my travel agent and reserve those 3 tickets on Ethiopian Air leaving June 17th. David, I, and my sis in tow.
This is random. On my days off I try not shop. First of all I just spend money and I don't like the feeling of spending money unless necessary. I do believe less is more but noticed baby girl has not a lot of clothes 12-18 month size. Like none. Now it is a bit crazy that we do not know her weight or size, but we don't. She was 11 lbs in September. Does anyone have any idea what size she should be now? I am thinking no more than 20 lbs and the last pictures in February she still looked like a little peanut. So I had all these 9 month clothes and then freaked out that none of them would fit her! So I did a little clearance shopping at gymboree and can say I think we are good to go with the clothes. Well for the trip that is. I haven't even imagined life once we get home. I think she will need more than 5 outfits but who knows. The only other thing I need to buy her(at this point) is a pair of shoes. Oh shoot....I just remembered...Diapers would be good...I plan to get some of those at my baby shower which is June 6th. Yipeeee!!!!
I would post pictures of all this travel preparation but baby girl's room is INSANE! There are clothes everywhere, bottles, toys, books sprawled all over her room. I will try to clean up my act next week and post some pictures. Please pray, send vibes, meditate, do whatever you can to help us pass court next Tuesday. I've never wanted anything more in life. And if we pass I swear I shall ask for nothing more.
Until the next baby that is....
1 comment:
Lisa,
Gosh do I ever know what you're feeling lately..I will be sending out nothing but prayers and good vibes for you to pass next week.
On another note..I did the exact same thing about clothes before leaving..Ezra looked so big in his pictures that I thought for sure they had his weight wrong...Mike even said they were sometimes off so I took all of his 12 mth clothes back and bought 18-24....what in the world was I thinking? We got there and sure enough everything was big..we made it work of course but as soon as we got home I had to buy more 12 mth. You might want to take a mix of both just in case!
Post a Comment