Almost 2 years ago we moved from San Francisco to Napa. After a few months at an apartment we moved into a home. Not a home we bought, but none the less a home with a backyard. It is actually technically a condo now that I think about it, and the back yard in a teeny tiny little thing. Luckily some nice fellow comes every Tuesday to take care of the front yard per the HOA. And no this nice man does not tend to the backyards, only the front yards. Our back yard does have a small area of grass. Now last year our grass began growing. I opted to buy the push lawn mower for $74.99 at home depot, but alas my love promised we did not need a lawn mower and he vowed he would cut the grass with scissors. AND HE DID! One time. This is what happens when city people move to the country. I guess Napa is not really "the country" but in San Francisco we had no back yard at all to worry about. We liked it better that way. Still do. We both ignored the grass situation since....obviously.... I could really care less about the grass these days, I just am wondering if there is some sort of law about the grass growing over the fence into the neighbors yard. The grass is about 5 feet tall now and brushes against my nose. Pretty huh?

As our grass has been growing like crazy, our chain is shrinking! A month has gone by since knowing about our court date. Since that time I have been more at peace with things then in a very long time. So now time to check out our shrinking little chain. In 21 days we will know if we can finally call baby girl our own.

Upon returning from San Francisco this weekend yet again, I received this in the mail from my best friend. How lucky I am to have my BFF in my life for the last 11 years. Wow time goes by.

I enjoyed all the "Happy mother's day" wishes yesterday as well, but as I said to David...when you wake up at 10:30 am in a nice hotel in downtown San Francisco on mother's day, you probably aren't technically a mother yet. But I am expecting and have been for the last year and 3 months! I just don't have the big belly and swollen feet to show and hey I still get to drink wine with dinner! But in 3 weeks I plan to join the mommy club. Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!
1 comment:
So funny!
I am so excited to see picture of your baby girl in 3 WEEKS!!!
Post a Comment