It happens when you least expect it. It was 9:30 am when my phone rang. Still in bed I answered in a sleepy fog and was surprised to hear my adoption coordinator on the other end. We received a "mini update" from her. Baby girl's case has officially been submitted to the courts. She said we will know the court date in 2 days! That is about all I know. I will keep you all up to date with the exact date as the news comes in. We are hoping we get on the May 18th bandwagon, but probably not since that is only like what 5 weeks away?
In the meantime I have allowed myself to start going through her things to see what we have. Well I totally over did it buying the 18-24 month size assuming she would not come home this year, and have just enough of her actual size which I am estimating to be 9 months. One adoptive parent recommended bringing 10 outfits for the plane ride home??? I cannot believe this and neither does David, although he probably thinks we don't need any extra outfits b/c when I told him about extra outfits he gave me an odd look. But I have heard several "blow out" stories on that 20 hour plane ride home and so I think we decided on 6 outfits. So I'm going to wait until we actually have a court date, but once we do I have baby item sterilizing to do! I am a planner and I suspect her bag will be packed in the next few weeks. And per my friend Jill, I guess I should re wash her sheets!
2 comments:
Yeah!! That is great news!! Here's to a super speedy court date!
Yessss!!!! Can't wait to hear the news of an actual court date!
Post a Comment