Monday, August 2, 2010

Ethiopian Heritage Camp 2010

I expected it to be a wonderful time and it was!  We spent the last 4 days with Ethiopian adoptive families and their children up in the mountains learning more about Ethiopian culture.  My daughter and son saw family after family who were just like theirs.  And I realize they don't "get it" quite yet but they will one day.  And this is something we plan to attend every single year and the one time where no one will be staring at their family or asking question after question.  

On a different note.  We are finally moved into the house in Oakland.  Okay the apartment actually.  I have a lot to say about that but that will be another post.  But we are eating Ethiopian food as I write so woo hoo for having a dozen Ethiopian restaurants and markets here. Thanks goodness for that Ethiopian cooking class at camp I can just pick up some injera and cook our own Ethiopian food at home.

Ahhhh....Mimi loves this girl.  And the other one too
Our Posse 
S and T both loved carrying this boy around.  He dug it some of the time
Aunt Amy and Abraham(aka: our nanny!).  We love you Amy and are so glad you were there!
Just because he looks so cute in his traditional clothing


Ethiopian Banquet-Wearing our traditional clothing



2 comments:

Jenny said...

How fantastic! Please post about the camp activities and families you met. This is something I would love to do annually, but we live sooo far away from any of the camps. Boo. Jenny

Anonymous said...

wow - had no idea you had a blog!! so glad you found me (and so I found you). :-)

good to see you guys at camp - maybe next year we can hang out a bit more. and since we are neighbors, we can get together in the meantime!

looking forward to reading more...