I cannot believe in 24 hours from now, a judge in Ethiopia will be deciding the fate of our little girl and our family. I am not nervous. I am not excited. I don't really know how I feel about it. I thought I would be soooo excited to be at this point right now but I think I know that it is very possible we don't pass and I don't want the time to pass if that is our fate. I want to remain in these last hours, to hang on to the last piece of hope, no matter how small.
So what happens if we don't pass tomorrow? Well the reason usually has to do with missing paperwork. When I say missing paperwork we are talking about missing paperwork from our baby's side of things. We have been approved to adopt from Ethiopia so that part is out of the way. The judge must decide if he is okay with her paperwork presented to him/her by our power of attorney or if additional paperwork is needed for our daughter. It is about 50/50 whether they ask for more paperwork. And like I said before the last 7 out of 7 cases from our agency have not passed on the first try so that 50% statistic is probably not too accurate. I still give it 5% chance. Don't ask me how I came about that percentage but that is my feeling. If we do not pass court tomorrow, we will be rescheduled in about 2-3 weeks. I know someone who is on their 7th court date right now so this could drag on for a while.
I will keep everyone posted on facebook and this blog, so check back frequently June 2nd, which is tomorrow since technically it is after midnight!. I go to work in about 11 hours and work a long 12 hour shift tomorrow. The last 6 days have gone by very quickly for me and as mentioned before, I just cannot believe this day is approaching so quickly. I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep the night before my court date. But I think I will. I am at peace that our world is unfolding just as it should. So Italy or Ethiopia? In two weeks where shall we be? In one day...We will know!
1 comment:
You have been on my mind all day today!! I am so anticipating hearing good news from you! Not to mention I am dying to see her little face! Sending good thoughts your way!
Christy and Elias
Post a Comment