Monday, June 8, 2009

Sadness...

I found out many things over the last couple days that leads me to believe we will NOT pass court on Thursday as predicted by our adoption agency. We are beyond devastated but as David says, "We will continue for years if we have to" Well honey, I don't know about all that but I am with you for a while anyways. I am not going to go into great details, but it sounds like all cases are given to an individual person in the government who then needs to write the letter of approval. Sadly it sounds like our case may have ended up in the pile of someone who is on vacation. Was on vacation. Not exactly sure nor is my agency. I hope he is enjoying his time. We...however...are struck with grief and pain. It kills me that we have ended up in a pile that is on hold while others have proceded without any problems. As far as I know we are the only ones in our adoption agency without children. Maybe it doesn't matter but I think it makes it more difficult. Why are others going to pick up baby # 8, 9, 10 and we are still without #1? These families have been through H..LL as well and I am glad they are finally going to pick up their children...but seriously can't we catch a break? It is still my hope that we will find peace in whatever situation is thrown our way. So far the last couple days have been filled with anything but peace. But we keep going. But thinking we might not recommend this whole adoption thing. The only thing that gives me peace is those who keep saying its worth it in the end. I still am responding with "We will see!"

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm really sorry you're having to go through all of this Lisa...and I get that it doesn't seem fair. I will keep you in my thoughts. I'm sure you don't want to hear this again but it is sooo true that all of this stress and pain and frustration completely goes away after you bring her home.
Melissa