What a horrific trip back. I will mention more on that later. I wrote while I was in Ethiopia...so every day or so I will post something I wrote while on the trip. Many of you received these via email already so sorry!
Day #1
Now on to Miss! She is everything we thought she would be. First of all she is still the prettiest little thing, but if David or I walked within 2 feet of her she would scream bloody murder. No joke. We spent several hours with her this afternoon and we have some great videos and we end with hi fives and kisses! She is very attached to her nanny which is great. But even if the nanny does one little thing to tick her off, Oh boy! Watch out. The girl has the loudest schrill scream ever. The plane ride home is going to be not fun with that screaming.
Day #2
Now on to grumps...We nicknamed her this months ago when every single picture and the video we were given showed our precious girl with the saddest look on her face. We had some major progress today with her. When we drove up a little girl about age 10 at the orphanage had baby girl and she knew who we were and she ran to me and seriously threw baby girl in my arms. She was cool for about 10 seconds until she realized she was in the arms of the crazy white woman who the nannies call "Mama". She knows I am "mamma" "mah-mi" but she still isn't certain what that means. I think she wonders why in the world the nannies keep talking about Momma and daddy all the time. But as the day progressed we played and she really is a sweet little thing that likes to throw things and be silly. She smiled a lot today. She even hung with us on the bed with her nanny out of eye sight and she did great. The nanny gave me a bottle to feed her and since that would require her in my arms she threw a fit! But decided the milk was worth it and curled up with me. Even with the milk gone, she didn't reach for the nanny and I cuddled her in my arms for quite a while. Then I moved her around cause her head was all sweaty and the bread that some kid put in her hand fell out and this totally ticked her off and the screaming began again! We were leaving to go shopping anyways so the timing of her meltdown was great. I hope she will let David hold her tomorrow but that will take hours of convincing just like it did for me today. I forgot to mention this yesterday baby girl peed in the potty! I honestly think its coincidence that she did that when they put her on there(David has a video of this!) but hey maybe she will be out of diapers soon.
Love,
Lisa
2 comments:
Welcome Home!!! Can't wait to hear more and actually be able to see pictures!
Welcome home!!
Post a Comment