Monday, March 30, 2009

Meet BOB and more

We finally broke down and bought our stroller. Isn't he beautiful? His name is BOB....We love it and would use it already as it rides so smoothly, but we also don't want to be known as the "crazy couple" down the road without children who push the empty stroller! We got a double stroller. One seat for baby girl, the other for Milo. That's our story and we're sticking to it!



Okay on to probably more important things. I just purchased these shirts for David and I. The donations went to AHOPE a growing organization that cares primarily for HIV + orphans. Check out our shirts which were made for worldwide orphan day which is May 7th. As David said, "these shirts aren't as subtle as the other ones". The other ones being the "I need Africa more than Africa needs me" shirts which I don't think I have posted.



And on the back of the T-shirt...



Seriously what would you do? Luckily because of this organization many of these children are being cared for and some are being adopted as well. Sometimes I think I have it in me to be a mommy to one of these children, but for now I am in the beginning of organizing a cloth diaper drive for Ethio-American Family Services. I will keep you all posted as I hope you can help me out with this.

3 comments:

Jillienne said...

Love the BOB, but I can't have one because we have about a zillion kids and even with a superlarge storage area in the back of our van it totally fills it! :(

Am I too assume that Milo is an animal? LOL

Melissa said...

You'll love it and what a great idea for the other "child"..hee hee..!!

Unknown said...

You don't know me, but I just found your blog through a comment on the Alexander Blog...I live in TN and I know you're adopting from Ethiopia, but i really think you would enjoy this blog. www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com ...it is one of our friends (practically family members)..she is 20 and she lives in Uganda and has 14 kids that call her mom and she cares for. She runs a ministry that sends 300 kids to school, gives them medical attention and food, a uniform, and school supplies...you can learn more about her if you just read her blog...Just thought I would share with you!

God bless,
Grace M. :)

PS We have adopted 2 kids domestically from AR and UT..we are in the process of adopting a third from Uganda. Our blog is www.joiningthejourney.blogspot.com