Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to me (An Adoption Update)

I enjoyed my big 30th birthday in Vegas tremendously. We landed this evening in San Francisco and since I have a minor obsession with my i phone I hopped online to check my email. Plus I always choose to not take part in the the plane chaos that always occurs upon landing. I still don't understand why people have to immediately unbuckle, jump up, grab their heavy suitcases, cram in the itty bitty isle to just stand and wait! But anyways...I digress again!

So as my husband is almost knocked out by some crazy oblivious man needing to get his suitcase out STAT from the overhead bin, I see that I have 2 emails from my adoption coordinator. I read the first one which was in reality the second email sent. I hate when I do that! It said that if we are reading this email, our child/children have been moved to Addis to the new orphanage. That means baby girl in now in the capital! This is a goal we have been waiting for for a very long time. We are very lucky as only a number of children were moved. I guess they based this on where the children originally were placed into care. So next step? Well baby girls paperwork should be submitted soon for a court date. They are hoping this week some families will have this completed.

So to celebrate I cooked this beautiful ethiopian meal



Just kidding! We went out for Ethiopian food in SF on our way home. I just kept touching the beautiful injera in awe that someone was able to make this bread and it actually be edible. So we headed back to Napa after the lovely dinner and will wait some more for our next update.

3 comments:

Jillienne said...

Good News!!!

And Happy Birthday!!

nancy said...

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will surely add you to my blog roll so I can keep tabs on "baby girl"!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you get a wonderful B-day present...news of a court date!