Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Adoption update

We received an update from our agency that things are moving much quicker than expected with baby girls paperwork. I say "baby girl's paperwork" but really it is ALL of the children at this one orphanage. Let me just repeat the fact that we decided on the program we did, knowing it was on the newer side. But we believed in their mission and were well aware there could be delays. Okay.... we didn't think there would be this long of a delay, but still, we wouldn't want it any other way. Maybe if we had gone another way we would have a child home by now, but it wouldn't be baby girl and we know in our hearts she was meant to be with us. And just like I wouldn't have traded my cabbage patch kiddo as a child, I wouldn't trade our adoption journey for any other...because if we did... we wouldn't be waiting for baby girl.

So I digress...but anyways baby girl will be moved to a new orphanage in the capital "very soon" from what it sounds like. They are very optimistic that court dates should be assigned in the next 2-3 weeks. While this is good news, I am cautious and am still very realistic that it may not happen that quickly. Of course we want it to, but you just never know. It seems court dates are starting to be assigned closer to the time paperwork is submitted. Court dates were about 12+ weeks out from submission. Now I hear from the ethiopia adopt yahoo group that some court dates are actually being moved up! This is great news for everyone in the process of adopting from Ethiopia. Please continue to pray for us and baby girl; that she will continue to thrive and be a healthy girl until we can get to her and care for her FOREVER.

1 comment:

Jillienne said...

I can only imagine how hard the waiting has been for you. I hope that very soon your good news comes, maybe you will jump in when the court dates start coming sooner again!

Looking forward to seeing her sweet face!

Oh, and I am sure you are exactly right, Emersyn has no idea what is coming, I worry about that sometimes. But my lap is pretty big so I hope we will be ok. LOL