It has been quite a while since writing but honestly I don't have much to say. I do want to give a shout out to the 5 families that we know of that passed court this month. Awesome! And all on their first try except for one. I haven't heard of that happening in quite a while! These 5 families are all from the traditional adoption program though. David and I are with the same agency but using African Widows and Orphans Project (AWOP) for the referral part of it. We did hear today that 4 AWOP families were given court dates. Obviously we were not one of them or else the title of this blog would be COURT DATE! Sorry hope I didn't just psych anyone out with the bold letters. So I am not expecting more to be assigned this week. Next week is a possibility, but I still am not feeling it. Of course I didn't think baby girls referral would come when it did so I guess we never know.
David is on spring break. Ah....a revelation to the summer time. It is great to have him home during the week. I really am excited for summer time when he will be home full time again. So we spent the day clearing out the give a ways in our garage, rearranging baby girls room and putting together an ELFA storage system. Many months ago I bought an ELFA storage system for baby girls closet and absolutely love it. I have been eyeing another one for all her toys for a while now and since the container store is still having a 30% off sale on all ELFA we had to do it. David thinks I'm a little nuts for loving storage systems so much. But I don't do clutter crap and even with a kiddo I refuse to have stuff just...well everywhere! My friends/family with children just say...uh huh we will see about that! I will roll with the punches, but I can try right?
On to the shopping side of things....I think we are pretty much set for baby girl. I haven't really sat down with a full blown list, but we just bought a few of the major things like the high chair, another car seat for David's car, and a play yard thingy for downstairs. Our last big purchase it our BOB stroller. We are buying that this weekend at REI because they are having a 20% off sale. I guess I am quite the bargain shopper lately. I guess we were going to get a rocker, but I don't think we need one, plus I don't know how much room there is in baby girls room for one. We have re arranged that room several different ways but no matter how we re arrange the furniture there is just no changing the fact that it is a small room. Oh well.
Well that it is for now...Hopefully the next time I post there will be some better news for us!
3 comments:
I'm hoping for you too Lisa..can't wait to see you announce a court date..I'm dying to see that baby girl!
C'mon court date! We're tired of waiting! Hopefully next week!
We are keeping our fingers crossed and anticipating the spectacular day when you get to bring baby girl home.
Love you,
Aunt Moe
Post a Comment