Later in the evening David came home with a Christmas tree and not my caramel latte. Because you know he couldn't fit the Christmas tree and the caramel latte together in the car??? So the task of having a 2 and 3 year old decorate the tree began. David managed that situation. Ha ha. I watched and laughed. They enjoyed it. I enjoyed it. Except for the fact that the tree tilts to the left at an annoying degree. Someone please tell my husband. He doesn't seem to notice this. Despite the MIA latte and the tilting tree I am thankful for this man who covered himself in tree sap to bring additional joy into our home.
So the evening was great. I am still amazed at the amount of joy these children bring us each and every day. I don't know how many times a day David and I just look at each other and smile watching them. Yes, they are annoying and maddening at brief moments as anyone with kids would understand, but those moments dissipate so quickly and what lingers most moments is laughter and love.
I would highly recommend parenting. In case anyone was wondering. The first many months I probably would not have. Ha ha. Two and once. Rough. I write that for anyone reading this who may have a tough initial many months. No one ever told me that was possible. So so happy we stuck it out :) Of course not that we considered otherwise.
![]() |
| Her birthday present from us and Abraham |
![]() |
| Luckily we had the cookies or he would have been ticked about the influx of new toys Mimi ordered him not to touch |
![]() |
| Tree Decorating |
![]() |
| Totally participating in the tree decorating without electrocuting himself or others. Impressive. |
Happy Holidays! I hope your holidays are blessed with love, joy, and laughter.




3 comments:
The girls say, "Happy Birthday, Mimi'!! And Selam says, "Bubba is getting so tall!". Those cookies look good.
Oh man these pictures do NOT help how badly I was already missing these two. I wish I could've been there! Looks like it was a lot of fun.
Yes, 2 HARD!! I don't even remember much of the first year with both Maximus and Emersyn home. Once it started getting easier I was like, Oh yeah, I remember this...thankful we got through it!
Post a Comment