

I hear this word more than a hundred times a day I think from my sweet Mimi. David and I joked about actually counting one day but oh please like we have time for that. It started about a week ago. This photo is Mimi eating her banana baby food at their little table because "NO!" she wasn't going to sit in her high chair today. Fine baby girl just fine. Except she didn't just sit in her chair. This is a common conversation in our house these days...
Me: "Mimi you need to sit at your table while you eat your banana."
Mimi: NO!(With an defiant little face) as she walks away from the table
Me: You are going to have to sit in your high chair then b/c we can't have banana all over the place
Mimi: NO! NO! NO!
Me: Please go back to you table and you can finish your banana
Mimi: NO!
In a way its quite comical. David and I look at eachother multiple times a day and just exchange looks with a possible rolling of our eyes. Hoping it is a stage she grows out of rather quickly. Sometimes she shouts "NO!" before she realizes her answer is really "Yes" to whatever our question is. Then its a quick "No...YES!" Silly girl.
On another note we decided to take away bottles because they keep getting ear infections. Not that the bottles are causing them but there is a small chance they could be. Well that lasted about 2 days and I gave up. It just gives them so much comfort and so now I think we are going back to bottles twice a day. Mimi was so happy to get her bottle this morning after trying to talk me into it for a half hour that she curled into my arms gulped it down and fell asleep a couple hours before her normal naptime.
Abraham is into hitting these day. Its usually the dog or Mimi but he has even managed to knock me on the head with something the other day. He thinks he is awesome and funny when he does it. We of course do not laugh at him and I think he is well aware he is not suppose to be doing it. Mimi usually responds with a shrill "he's killing me" scream even if he didn't touch her. The dog runs away as quick as possible and gives us the "was it really so bad just the three of us?" look. Another stage I hope will pass.
On a different note Abraham is back to his normal self since our trip to Oregon. He was being difficult up there my guess is b/c it was a different environment and he was probably a little scared. He no longer needs to be pouched up with me all the time. Lately he is also answering our questions by saying "Yeah". It is the cutest little "yeah" I have ever heard I think. The only problem is he pretty much says "Yeah" to most of our questions. I don't think he quite knows what he is saying yet :)
Me: "Abraham do you want to nap"
Abraham: "YEAH!"
Ha ha...definately don't think he knows what he is saying. Luckily he hasn't learned "NO!" yet. One "NO!" child is enough for now.
1 comment:
I'm sure if Jada was talking, she'd be saying the same thing. She is a little fireball. :) And glad to see Mimi is still eating babyfood. Does she eat any tablefood? Jada either spits it out or gags on it. Ugh!
Post a Comment