I was suppose to post this yesterday, but work and a second cold in 3 weeks delayed that. Yesterday, February 8 was exactly one year since beginning the adoption process. Over the last 5 years I always imagined a little girl who looked nothing like David or I running around the house. There were a number of life circumstances that ultimately led us to that raining day February 8th, but how glad and thankful I am that we made that decision and are now on the road to bringing home that little girl, who looks nothing like us. She is so much cuter by the way!
When we started the process we did not think we would get a referral as soon as we did. In fact our original timeline we were thinking we would get a referral in January. So even though we have been waiting waiting waiting for baby girl since late October we are about where we thought we would be when we started this whole process. Now we need prayers from all you for a quick court date and for our daughter to come home safe and sound.
3 comments:
I hope you hear something very soon! And I hope that you feel better soon too!
I pray for your quick court date dear! It is NOT fun, waiting. She'll be in your arms soon ( i know, but not soon enough!)
Hey Lisa,
I'm sorry you've been sick. I really thing the day is coming when we will have our court dates.....and you will get to have your little daughter at home.
On a separate note - I was wondering if you wanted to send me a picture of your little one so Josh knows who to look for? I've tried e-mailing but maybe they've been going to the spam pile again? Anyhow, let me know.
Post a Comment