We're getting there....Sort of. Here is what is going on. We have been waiting for a court date for the past 2 1/2 months. We found out tonight what that hold up is all about. I will not go into great details, but it has to do with the orphanage baby girl is at. All the families with children at this orphanage are in the same hold up as us. This of course sucks for us because a few families from our agency did receive their court dates today. Their children are at a different orphanage than little girl. I am very happy for these families for they have also been waiting quite a while as well. One woman for too long a time. So I believe this adoption still is possible and will happen, but with more time. The agency says 2-3 weeks until they begin assigning court dates. Now we learned something from this whole adoption journey. Here it is:
Actual time= stated time(in weeks) + 2 weeks X 4 weeks / 1.5 weeks
Yes, I made up a mathematical equation! But it seems to fall into place and work like that most of the time! Well, not really. I am not blaming anyone for this holdup. I don't think anyone could be blamed even if we wanted to. International adoption is unpredictable and different countries do things differently and at a different speed than us Americans are use to. I can respect that and other should as well. We are going to their country to adopt their sweet children. So we will wait as long as we have to to make sure things are done how they believe is best. I'm not saying I wouldn't give everything I have to have her home now. I would. Take every possession from me now! (Well maybe not Milo). But it just doesn't work like that. So we are just going to have to continue down this crazy road some more!
Our new hope is that she will be home by summer time!!! It sure wasn't my plan for her to be home in the summer. I thought she would be home so much sooner. But we are not always in charge of our plan and so we must go along with the bigger plan and know there must be a reason for waiting. I even have some theories...but I won't get into that now.
1 comment:
Thank you so much for sharing this with me. You have done a great job in making this blog. It will be a treasure for your child somedayto look back on and see all the anticipation you two went through in waiting for the arrival of baby. We'll be praying for you guys!
Post a Comment