Monday, October 18, 2010

Who's The Boss?

I have to write this down.  Mimi has been a bit sassy and bossy lately.  I chalked it up to being a bossy little girl how many girls are.  She has much experience with the word bossy and has even deemed her cousin Lina as "THE BOSS" after spending a week with her at a beach house down south in September.  She came up with that herself.  I'm not sure if Lina told her that or she came to that conclusion on her own, but none the less the girl knows the word "boss".

Anyways like I mentioned, she has been a bit on a role with her bossiness.  David had mentioned it.  Especially with me.  Probably because daddy doesn't let her get away with any of that crap, and well, let's just say if it doesn't inconvenience me I will let her sit on my lap or do this or that if she asks.  Plus I had been working a few days in a row and when I see them in the afternoons if they want this or that well I usually will give it to them if its a reasonable request.  Well, yesterday she was bossy bossy bossy much of the afternoon.  I told her she needed to stop talking and listen to mommy.  She replies, "NO! YOU NO TELL ME.  MIMI IS BOSS!"  Or something to that effect.

Huh?  Really did she just say that?  Well guess what baby boss girl.   You are so fired!

So I calmly get down to her level.  You know just how those stupid parenting books say and firmly tell her, "MIMI IS NOT THE BOSS.  MOMMY IS THE BOSS AND DADDY IS THE BOSS.  MIMI IS NOT THE BOSS.  I repeat this a couple times.  DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

She shakes her head NO.

So I lead her to her room and once again repeated those words.  Firmly and calmly.  MOMMY IS THE BOSS. MIMI IS NOT THE BOSS.  ETC.... BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Well I think it clicked in her little brain.  That Mimi is actually not in charge or the boss.  And that even though she has been bossy with her little demands with her tired mother, she actually is not running the show.

And because Mimi is who she is she respected that entirely when she knew what I meant.  Her bossiness has been curbed.  I think.  Cross your fingers.   And when she got what she considered bossy she stopped herself and reminded herself aloud that mommy is boss. Yes baby girl you are correct.  She even called Aunt Moe today to inform her that her mommy was the boss and not Mimi.  Fake phone call of course.

Anyways that girl is amazing.  She truly gets it and really tries to follow what she is learning.  Amazing amazing child.  I don't know how we got so lucky to have her as a daughter.

Of course I have this thought and am daydreaming about how wonderful she is and then she does something like pee all over the floor even though I just asked her if she had to go and her brother dives into it like its a pool to play in.  Ha!  This parenting thing is too much sometimes.  But really.  The child is amazing.

And so is my son.

3 comments:

Janell said...

So funny and so sweet really. She sounds just precious. Glad to see/hear that all is well w/ you guys.

Jennifer said...

She is so dang smart! Does this mean no more sending brother to the time out corner?

Paige said...

So cute. She really does sound like such a smart, sweet girl. We have a stubborn little girl who thinks she's the boss, too :)