Saturday, October 23, 2010

Please Help "E"

If you are lucky enough to be called family you have already heard this story and received my lovely email.  Thanks for those of you that have stepped up.


Here it is.  



About a month ago I heard about a little girl from Abraham's old adoption agency that needed a home in Ethiopia. She is 7 years old and has HIV.  Her name is Eyerus.  Something led me to inquire about this little girl and I did.  I discovered that her mother recently had passed away from HIV and her father was ill with HIV.  He decided to place her into the orphanage before he passes away in hopes she will be cared for and possibly adopted into a family in which she can receive life saving medical care.  And you know food, water, and shelter which we all take for granted.  Apparently she is very sweet and kind natured and talks about wanting to find a family soon.  I had the brief idea of pursuing the adoption of her, however, we are not ready to have another child in our home right now.  So I put her in the back of my mind and moved on with my everyday life trying not to think of children being hungry and dying from diseases that could be so easily treated.

That was until about 3 days ago.  I read a facebook post about a friend of mine from the adoption community wanting to adopt "a 7 year old girl with HIV".  And what do you know this woman was talking about the sweet little girl "E".  This family is already in the process of adopting two other children when they heard about her.  They want to adopt her.  I imagine they consider her a daughter already.  The problem is they need to raise $3,000 asap(actually by November 3rd) so hopefully she can adopt all three together and she can bring her home to the U.S. and get her the medical care she needs.

If any of you could spare any amount please go to her website and do so.  I don't support many adoption fundraisers(if I did I'd be broke!) but this little girl really deserves a family and this family will be beyond blessed with this little love.  Alright that is it.  I am staying off the "waiting child" websites from now on.  

I swear.  Okay that is probably not true :)  

The website to help is

bringingeyerushome.blogspot.com/

Thanks.

No comments: