Saturday, February 6, 2010

Today

Today was one of those days. One of those days where I could see having 8 kids. No joke. Don't worry there are enough of those in between and not so good days to snap me back to reality. But today was good. Everyone slept last night. No one had to work today. There weren't really any tantrums or excessive crying. We laughed a lot. Abraham seemed happier. Mimi was more comical than normal. The children had "kind hands" most of the day. What a surprise when I thought we would all go crazy being inside this house all day due to the rain.

The day started with Abraham insisting on wearing Mimi's pink fluffy boots. Yes pictures are below. Family visited and that always puts Mimi in a pleasant mood and the center of attention which she loves. The night ended with Mimi dressing up in her Ethiopian traditional clothing and putting on quite the show. And Abraham once again attempting to kill himself by climbing on things he shouldn't. He gets so proud of himself though for climbing up on things :( and I hate to tell him he can't do it when he is so proud.

Tomorrow we will have been home 5 months with the children Sometimes it feels like these children have always been here with us. Like there wasn't life before them. But there are times I remember when it is was just David and I. Life was definately easier back then. Sleeping until noon. Traveling. Concerts. Doing what we wanted. When we wanted.

But just an FYI. Life is 100 times better with our children home, healthy, and happy. And I'm not just saying that because I'm suppose to. It really really is.





1 comment:

Mark and Megan said...

Oh my goodness, they are adorable! I bet they keep things really exciting around your house.