Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Birthday-December 18th!!!

"There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between a mother and a son"







My sweet boy is 1 year old today. There was a time when we did not think he would be home with us to celebrate this day and now it seems as if he has always been here. To my precious Abraham...You bring me joy beyond anything I ever imagined. I am so lucky and blessed that somehow in this great big world our paths crossed and I get to call you my son. It is my hope that you grow up to be healthy and happy and exactly who you are meant to be.

While this is a joyous day for our family, I also can't help but to think about a woman across the globe who I know has to be thinking about her baby boy on this day. I hope her heart is at peace. "Our" son(meaning her and I) is a wonderful little boy.

Okay...On a lighter note...I thought I would list ten things about Abraham...These are totally random...

1. Every single time I interrupt play time to do a diaper change he screams bloody murder and shakes his fists with such anger. Very dramatic. Not sure how I ended up with dramatic kids. I myself was a very mellow child.

2. He smiles and laughs more than any kid I have ever known except maybe for William in his younger days.

3. When he gets really excited he bounces up and down and claps hysterically.

4. He says 4 words now...ball...bath...dada...up...Although I persuade him to say "Mama" it is always followed by either "da da" or the silliest grin like he knows what I am asking but thinks its funny not to say it.

5. He thinks hitting the dog is pure joy. The dog doesn't think so.

6. He loves food but has recently gotten quite ticked off if we even attempt to give him the canned baby food. He is so over that stuff. Even the "gourmet meals" that cost 10 cents more and are organic.

7. My lactose intolerant boy tries to confiscate Mimi's whole milk bottle every chance he gets. She confiscated his the other day and dry heaved from the nasty soy formula. If he drank her milk he would spit up and vomit all day long.

8. When it is time for naps or nighttime I put him in his crib, hand him his giraffe lovey blanket and he smiles with such joy. He then rubs that giraffe all over his face until he falls asleep.

9. He thinks falling off of a bed, couch, chair is thrilling...except when he gets hurt which is surprisingly not very often. It is my hope he does not think the same for the roof in a few years. It wouldn't surprise me.

10. He worships the ground his sister walks on. Seriously.

11. He still only has the top 2 teeth he had when we picked him up a few months ago. Yet the kid can and will eat anything.

12. When he was placed in my arms a few months ago he couldn't even sit up. Now he is walking around the entire house and although I am not a developmental expert I think he is doing things ahead of schedule. He is brilliant :)

Oops went beyond 10...

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY MY SON! YOU ARE A JOY!

4 comments:

Mom said...

He is a very special little boy and I have never been happier with my two awsome and beautiful grandchildren. You both are doing an amazing job. Love all of you
Ma cuch

shortzsa said...

Happy Birthday Abraham! You are such a blessing to be part of our wonderful family. David and Lisa you two are such awesome parents! I love how you let the kids finger paint IN YOUR HOME! Whooo hooo kudos to you! Abe we love ya have a happy birthday! God Bless!
Aunt Shortsy

Jennifer said...

I love hearing all the little details. What a beautiful boy. Happy Birthday, Abraham!

Melissa said...

Oh boy..he and Ezra have the same b-day..just a year apart! Sorry for the super late post..I've been a terrible blogger and follower.
Happy 2010 to you and your family.