Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our Daughter

I am in the process of making photo life books for the kids and have been going through Mimi's pictures. I think of when we picked her up. She was the saddest looking child ever. For some reason I wasn't concerned although looking back I should have been. I know my mother in law was. She would just lie floppy and limp in my arms. She wouldn't cry but she also wouldn't smile, laugh or look at anyone but her Momma. And even then she didn't really look at me. She just zoned out in obvious pain and grief.

I just held her for the first couple of days and she remained a limp noodle in my arms. After about 36 hours, maybe 48 hours she started to look at me. She finally smiled. But only with me. Then she would laugh. With me. If anyone else looked at her she became the sad limp child again. But in a matter of a day or two later she opened up to David, Amy and Grandma Sue. She smiled around all of us. Her personality started coming out.

It has been almost one month since this child was placed in my arms and it is unbelievable how she has blossomed. She is smart, funny, Momma's helper, and the sweetest little cuddle bug. She loves kisses(a little too much!). She loves her baby brother and when she thinks I'm not looking I see her patting him on his little head. When he is crying and I can't get to him right away she brings him a toy or gives him a kiss. So sweet. I am going to post Mimi the first day we had her and some recent pictures. The transformation is astonishing. I cannot believe we get to be this little girls Mommy and Daddy. Not sure what we did to deserve it but so happy we get to! Next post on the boy! And boy is he all boy!











1 comment:

Brooke said...

I love the strawberry milk in the bottle! That girl has good taste!! :) Glad everything is going well! How is their health since you have been home- any big issues?
Thinking of you often!
Brooke :)