Friday, June 10, 2011

Uninspired and a road trip

I feel pretty uninspired to write these days.  Our days continue to be filled with joy and love.  I don't know why I don't feel like writing.  There is so much inspiration around me everyday.  Inspiration in the form of a precious little boy who says "No!" more than a hundred times a day to me.  That same little boy who seems so unreasonable at times will run to me like no one else with such enthusiasm and throw himself in my arms as I enter my front door.  It brings a smile to my face every time.  I adore him and his spirited little self.  I know he will do great things in life with that fiery spirit one day.

There is him and also a little girl who some might call "bossy" but I know she is just wise and knowing beyond her 3 1/2 years.  I still will describe that girl as "phenomenal" because....well...... she is.  I can't describe how or why but she is.  I love her outgoing little personality in a house of 3 introverts.  Mealtimes are filled with 3 of us eating and Mimi talking and telling us stories about this and that.  David and I look at each other across the dinner table as she rambles on and on and we grin because life is just good I guess. We always finish our food before she even starts.  No joke.  Her new favorite thing to play is "baby".  Okay this might not sound so phenomenal I just realized. So she likes to pretend to be the baby and I hold her and rock her and burp her and feed her bottles.  All of this much to David's dismay especially when I whipped the real bottles out of the cupboard and filled them with water for her to suck :)  She seriously loves it and I have to put a cap on how often we play this everyday.  Just wanted to write that down to remember one day.

On a different note.  We recently went on a trip to visit my best friend from college.  It was a great trip.  At one point as she had just put her son in time out and my son was throwing a bloody fit about who knows what, I just looked at her and said "How did this happen?"  Ha ha.  It's been almost 10 years and so much has changed.  Yet we get together and it's like old times.  Except for the 5 children 4 and under running around laughing, crying, and screaming.







No comments: