Monday, April 4, 2011

Beach!

I have been wanting to check out Alameda ever since the husband poo poo'd it as a place to live last summer when we moved to the bay area.  You remember that honey?  Today I took Mimi hostage, skipped her nap time, and went to Alameda to check it out.  We went out for lunch and then headed to the beach there.  Now it's not a Southern California beach, or Hawaii, or even San Francisco(although its too damn cold at those beaches anyways) but it was great!  The only downfall.  I apparently am an idiot b/c I spent a few hours doing her hair this morning and then take the girl to the beach where inevitably she throws sand in the air out of excitement and it lands right in her hair.  Oh well.  It was worth it.  And now...I think....we will look at Alameda a little bit closer as a possibility to live.  I guess we still haven't settled down.








Oh I just gotta mention a conversation I had with Mimi at the beach.

Mimi: Mommy your friend gonna have a baby? (I went to a baby shower Saturday and she asks about it all the time still)

Me: Yes she is going to have a baby

Mimi: Why?

Me: Um I dunno b/c she wants to have a baby?  She wants to be a mommy b/c being a mommy is fun.

Mimi: Like Auntie Amy? (This isn't a secret anymore is it Amy???)

Me: Yes

Mimi:  Are you gonna have a baby mommy?

Me: Ummm No.  Not right now.

Mimi: I want to have a baby.  Lots of babies.

Me:  How many babies do you want one day?

Mimi: 4! 

Me:  Thats a good number 

Mimi: I want to have a baby now in my belly!

Me: Um I don't think you can have a baby right now.

Mimi: Why not?

Me: Ummm....because you are 3???

Mimi: Me gonna be 4!

Me: Well you are right Mimi, 4 is a perfect age to reproduce (Just kidding didn't say that)

No comments: