And today we met our neighbor Selam(also adopted from Ethiopia) and her momma at fairyland to hang out and play on super bowl Sunday. Selam is exactly Mimi's age and is just sweet and loving. I hope her and Mimi get to hang out more and become good friends. Abraham had a great time too although he never called her by name just called her "that girl". I think he was confused as to why there was a girl named Selam and not a girl named Tigist to go along with her. By 1 pm Mimi was getting feisty, which is always a sign she is tired, and so we all came home and slept until 5 pm! I think the 80 degree sun took it out of all of us. Yes you are right, all you suckers freezing in the cold. It was close to 80 degrees here today. Just beautiful. (That last sentence was written primary for Aunt Amy who may or may not have power again today due to ice/snow storms). Move back to California fool!
On a different note I downloaded season 37 of sesame street. By coincidence there are 3 episodes on "Gina adopts a baby". Interesting, I thought. We got through part 1 and it was very sweet. All her friends from sesame street including big bird were so happy and accepting that she was adopting a little boy from Guatemala. They all joined together with interest asking her appropriate questions(not stupid ones like how much he cost) and were so genuinely interested in her new baby. I think I may have had a tear in my eye. Too bad the real world isn't like sesame street and so accepting of things like different families. I loved a few things about this sesame street. I love that Gina is a soon to be single mother showing that a family does not necessarily have to be a mom and dad. It works lots of different ways and she is none the less thrilled nor capable of mothering, just b/c she isn't married. I like that she is adopting against the transracial line which is great for our kids to see that lots of families don't look exactly alike. Because heck we sure don't. How I wish I could be as gorgeous as that daughter of mine! Ha ha. I liked seeing how Gina was in love with that baby boy of hers already, even though he was thousands of miles away. Brought back memories waiting for my little loves. Anyways, a great episode where the main theme is "Every family is different but hey its all good!" That is my summary anyways. I would recommend this. Mimi was very interested in it and what it was about. Abraham poured his smoothie on top of his head. Not really. But he was being a goof off during the entire show.
Update on Caliou. Mimi is madly in love. In fact the last 3 times, after fair warning, when it gets turned off she has a complete meltdown. Its not really a tantrum because she is trying to get her way(well I don't think) but more like a heartbroken bloody fit for her one true love Caliou. Its awful. I have hardly ever seen her so upset. So we are on a Cailou break for now. I can't stand seeing her in hysterics over a nerdy whiny Charlie brown knock off. (I don't approve of the love in case you couldn't tell). I hope when it comes to the real deal her choices are a bit better. Although the kid is quite polite, I will give him that much, and he always listens to his momma.
On another totally different note. Baby #3 is here. Check her out below.
Never thought I would own a mini van, and technically I don't. Its technically David's minivan(although my names on the deed) and I have only driven it once. It is really nice and has even been worth the embarrassment of driving around in a minivan the past few weeks. Just kidding. I don't really care. It's an 8 seater so we can now have 4 more kids and be just fine.
That's a joke people.
I think :)


2 comments:
Great post, Lisa, you had me laughing several times. :D
"Abraham poured his smoothie on his head" got me rolling.
There should NOT be a Selam without a Tigist. We can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks; it's been too long.
Post a Comment