Sarcasm...
Again...
Of course....
I demanded yesterday to speak with the Ethiopia director of our adoption agency. She called me today. Here is the down low. Even though this was court date #3, it actually was the first time baby girl's case was heard because it was the first time the much needed letter was written. The letter to the courts requested additional information. This is not uncommon. Sometimes this information is as simple as a signature from the local government the child is from, sometimes it is more complicated. Our lawyer went to the government entity to find out what was needed for baby girls next court date and lo and behold! This government entity decided they were closing for 2 weeks! This has never happened in Ethiopian adoptions that my agency knows of. Yes the courts close for 7 weeks every summer, but not this government entity. So pretty much we cannot find out until they re-open what the paperwork issue is. This closure affects anyone that has a court date in the next few weeks as well as the letters will not be written in time since they are closed. It is all confusing and no I never wanted to know this much about the legalities of foreign adoption. It is crazy.
I am confident that our agency and attorney are doing what they can. I was told by our agency that because of this there is no way we will get through before closure. Great! Well what can I say...I am over it. After our marriage I wasn't sure if I wanted to have children. Should have stuck with that plan. That would have saved me a lot of heartache. And David as well. We cannot give up on the adoption entirely, but we are moving on...emotionally that is. We are moving soon. The crib and all the children's things will be put into storage. Everything is already packed away in dark plastic bins. How sad is that? We are going on with life planning possibly to never have children at this point if this adoption does not work out. No way I am putting myself through trying another adoption.
We don't really want to talk about the adoption. There isn't really anything else to say. I will post to the blog as things come up, but at this point, I'm not sure how much new news there will be. So maybe this blog will be converted to our new awesome childless life in midwtown Sac! Possible sarcasm again. Who knows! Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment