Friday, July 3, 2009

The next day...

We are recovering from the thunderstorm yesterday. What horrible news that was. The worst part is that we were completely prepared to pass. The other two times I had evidence to believe we would not, but this time we were told that everything seemed to be in place for all the cases. We even received an email from our coordinator saying so. And the agency was right, except for our case and one other.

Actually the worse part was telling David. He was in the shower and I yelled at him that we didn't pass. By his voice I know he thought I was joking. I think 5 minutes later he still thought I was kidding. That was the worse part seeing his face waiting for me to say "just kidding we have a daughter" and knowing I would not be shouting those joyous words on that day. He even had a little grin on his face minutes later still looking at me like I would say "just kidding". I would never do that anyways.

So court closure is fast approaching. August 7th through the end of September. I believe someone said September 28th. When the courts close no cases are heard. Its only 7 weeks off but the bad part is there is such a backlog from those 7 weeks when cases were not heard. We do not expect to successfully complete court until the courts re-open. I don't expect it at that time necessarily, but we hope to make in through in October and travel in November. If if if....

David and I are moving to Sacramento. He got a new job there. I will transfer my job at some point. We went apartment/house hunting the other day. We were really debating between living in a very suburban part of Sacramento or right in downtown or midtown where the action is. The suburban area is beautiful. Large mature trees towering over miles and miles of walking trails right near the river. A beatiful trail to push a double BOB stroller.

We will not be moving to this part of town.

The other day while apartment hunting we ran across this apartment complex accidently driving down the road in midtown. I yelled for David to pull over and that we should check it out. Plus a sushi place right next door and it was lunch time. We did, but the manager said there was only one 2BR apartment and that she had a woman who is coming to see it on Thursday and she was pretty sure she would be renting it. Too bad.

Well the woman never showed and we got a call at 5 pm saying it was available. We decided to jump on it. The location is great. We are walking distance to restaurants, coffee shops, bars. Bars may be key to our happiness if we are to continue down this adoption road. This is the closest thing we will get to San Francisco in Sacramento. And its really not too bad. It makes me excited to think about moving here. How the heck Im going to drag a double BOB stroller up to the third floor with two children in tow is beyond me, but at this point its not looking like it will be an issue anytime soon. That is fine. Because it has to be. I have choices. To curl in a ball and never leave my bed(which I briefly considered) or move on. I think this move will make both David and I happy. As happy as possible that is, in a horrible and unimaginable time.

It is our anniversary today. We will not be celebrating this year. I'm working. Too bad. It's been a good 4 years. But now isn't a time for celebrating anyways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're attitude amazes me...and I mean that. You do have choices and you guys are seriously handling this so well. You're an example to us all- really.
And I continue to pray that your sweet, shrieking little girl will get home soon! (:

Anonymous said...

ps- the new place sounds amazing...i'm jealous. i've always wanted to live in a big city.