Monday, November 10, 2008
Our Referral-Thinking back!
So I have been meaning to re-start this blog for a while now since the referral. Here goes the story. It was October 21st, one day after David's birthday. I was in Modesto so David and I were apart for the week. I was there for a computer training class. It was day #2 of this training. Day #1 was just miserable. As a nurse I am constantly moving on my feet and to sit 8 hours in one day is quite painful. So I had just purchased the i phone about 3 days before which on that day I was so happy about. I was bored out of my mind so I kept checking my i phone and playing with it. Well around 10 am I grabbed it out of my bag and noticed a missed call from Children's House International(CHI). My heart immediately began pounding because it is not often they call. It is always me calling them. I grabbed my phone and ran out of the class with eyes trailing behind me. Im sure my classmates wanted to get the heck out of there too! So I listened to the message. It was Jessica from CHI saying she had some very good news and to call as soon as I could. You know when I hear these referral stories I never have heard of someone missing "the call". But well like most people say I honestly wasn't expecting it that day and they did make us put our phones on vibrate. I called Jessica back and she told me that she received the referral paperwork for our baby girl and would I like her to email it to me. Of course! We didn't have much of a conversation or if we did I don't remember it. It was just shocking. So I run back into the computer class and await my email. Three minutes later I check it and there it is. I am doing all of this on my much appreciated i phone all the while trying to follow the computer class training. I found the pictures and opened up this tiny little baby girl. I smiled and laughed all at the same time. Yes I am still in my computer class. Over the next several minutes I managed to save her little photo to my phone and looked at her over and over again. She was beautiful! I know everyone seems to say this but she just had the biggest eyes ever! Luckily about 10 minutes later we got a 15 minute break from class. I ran out and called David at school. I have never called his classroom direct but I did this time. When he answered I said something to the effect of "We have a daughter!" He said "are you serious?" Well of course! That would be a horrible joke. I told him I would try to forward the email and her picture to him. Unfortunately he teaches 2nd grade and no he couldn't stop class to run to the computer to look at it that very moment, but he did about an hour later on his lunch. We got to talk later when I went on my lunch break for a few minutes. I don't even remember what we said to each other but let me tell you I learned nothing the rest of the day in computer training! I kept looking at baby girl turning my i phone in every position to see her perfect little face in the best setting possible all the while fielding calls and text messages from family. That was almost 3 weeks ago. I still look at her picture on my i phone more times a day than I can count and her little face is plastered on all of our computer screens. I still look at her referral paperwork everyday sometimes I re-read it again and again. She seems to be healthy and happy. Our official acceptance of her referral arrived in Ethiopia last Friday and now we are just waiting for a court date in Ethiopia. Unfortunately we expect a long wait as court dates seem few and far between these days. But thats okay she will be home before we know it. Of course talk to me in a month and I probably won't be this laid back about it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment