Saturday, July 5, 2008

I 171-H Form

A few days ago David and I arrived home from our trip to D.C. to see Amy and Corey. I went to get the mail and was amazed to see the last little piece of paper we are waiting for. The I 171H form. So today our notary came to notarize this and 2 copies of the entire dossier. It took just over 2 hours and I am sure the notaries hand was hurting so bad. We had 54 total documents done just today. Our notary was so kind to charge us only $2.5o per document b/c usually it is $10/document. This literally saved us hundreds of dollars. Can't complain about that especially since I am itching to buy a second elfa shelf system for the closet in what will be the babies room. The elfa shelving rocks! It makes everything so organzied! David thinks I am a little nuts to get so excited about shelving but it is great to think that crap won't be all over the place when this little one is here. Or from what you parents say maybe it will be even with the best organization. I am double checking all the paperwork tomorrow hopefully or today and then will be sending the dossier to the "assistant stork" who takes it to the embassy of Ethiopia in Washington D.C. After this is will be sent to Ethiopia and we will officially be on the waitlist. Should be in the next couple weeks. It will feel great to get all of the paperwork sent out.

No comments: