Thus begins the first post. I do not know how good I will be at this, I mean keeping up with it but we will see. We are using this as a type of record of our adoption and plan to continue it with pictures and all after we bring our child/children home. That's right I did write "children!" Although it would be less likely, it is on our paperwork that twins would be okay. And our adoption agency did make 2 twin referral in the last few months so you never know.
Today David went to the Secretary of State office in Sacramento and had two documents authenticated. I have no idea how to explain what this is, nor do I fully understand, but let's just say it is one of the thousands of things needed for international adoption! We are officially done with all paperwork and are now just waiting for the U.S. government to send this lovely piece of paper calledI171H. I believe this is the paperwork that will permit us to apply for a visa so we can bring the child back into the United States. Then the dossier(which is the entire stack of paperwork) will be fed-ex'd to Ethiopia and we will officially begin the wait for a referral. Our adoption agency estimates 5-9 months for a girl. The wait time is usually shorter for a boy, but a lot of parents from our agency are requesting little boys, so you never know could be a little earlier.
No comments:
Post a Comment