Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Preschool Take Two

We had talked about preschool a lot after their first day.  I told them over and over again how they would have lots of fun, play outside and I would be back after their naps to pick them up.  I told them how it would be great if they could be a big boy and big girl and try really hard not to cry at preschool.  "Okay Mommy!" they both said together.   We had talked it up.  They were ready.  They understood what I was saying.  They would be just fine I thought.

So I was quite shocked when I attempted to drop the little miss off at her classroom and she began clinging to my leg screaming.  Even after prying her off she continued screaming.  Bloody murder.  Oh those poor teachers.  And poor mommy too.  It was pretty much awful.  I leave her.  Then I walk outside because Abraham's class is out playing.  He wants to know why Mimi is crying.  I tell him because she doesn't want to stay at preschool but that she is going to stay a preschool.  Two minutes later as I hand him over he is screaming blood murder.  Double awful.  So I go back into the hallway of the school and hear my daughter  continuing to shout out in despair.  That precious child that I longed for and fought for thousands of miles away just 2 years ago.  What the hell was I doing to her?   So I sit down on a chair about ready to break down into hysterics.  I decide I am not leaving until she stops.  It was  only about 7 minutes total. Thank goodness cause let's face it,  I had toilets to scrub.   Charming life I lead right?   So I put on my sunglasses and ran(yes ran!) past her room so she didn't see me.  It was awful.  I felt horrible.  But I knew or hoped anyways that it was best for her to stay.

6 hours later I return.  I am not looking forward to this.  I envision walking in and seeing both kids weeping quietly in the corner of the room.  Luckily it was a bit earlier than expected thanks to the protestors destroying my local Whole Foods and my inability to shop before preschool pickup.  Now I'm all for attempting to get more money out of that 1% for sure(cause let's face it I'm not that 1%), but come on people don't destroy my local whole foods store.  Oops I digressed.  So I walk in at about 3:30 and Mimi is happy in her classroom listening to a story.  I was so proud.  It's the little things.  She sees me and runs to to me and says "Mommy I had fun" or something to that effect.  We get her things, have a quick chat with a teacher, and go to pick up Abraham who is with his class having snack time.  He was quietly sitting with about 20 other two year olds having juice and fish snacks.  He saw me and said "Mommy" and ran to hug me.  He was happy.  They are doing okay.  The kids will be okay.  I know this even if they decide to guilt me up with hysterical crying at future drop offs.  Poor babies.

Pre Drama.  Leaving for preschool day 2

Showing off their new treasure chests they made at preschool today

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

so so glad it was only 7 minutes!

Mark and Megan said...

So glad it went better than day 1 : )