Monday, September 5, 2011

2 Years Together

We have been a family for two years now!  Wow I remember how it seemed like it would be so long to even get to that 3 month mark, then the 6 month mark, then the 1 year mark, and now we are at 2 years together.  This exact time last year I believe we had just arrived into Washington D.C. and were spending about 36 hours with Amy and Corey before flying out the next day to California.  It was only a week before then that our lives changed forever in Ethiopia.  I have written some about that week before and I'm not about to rehash that right now at midnight.

We celebrated our "family day" as it has come to be known, with a trip to fairyland.  An afternoon filled with face painting, balloons, rides and cotton candy was the perfect way to celebrate.  I think dinner consisted of 1. rice crispy treats 2. cotton candy as mentioned before 3. french fries with extra ketchup 4. top ramen and 5. maybe ice cream or popsicles????  When we got home the children opened their presents from David and I.  Abraham scored a Thomas the train set and a talking Henry train. He is obsessed with them.  Mimi received an Ethiopian doll named Rahel and also a figurine set from the Princess and the Frog disney movie.  They were both very happy with their new presents.  I am still so proud of my children for being so grateful for things.  Just two little presents each and they were so thankful and sweet about it :) Please don't let that change.

It was a wonderful afternoon and a day worth rejoicing and celebrating.  Happy 2 year family day to my beautiful children.  I can't imagine life without our family of 4.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Family Day!!! It flies by, doesn't it? I can't believe how big Mimi is! She is a little girl now! At least Bubba has a little bit of baby left in him. Glad to see it was a great celebration!

Christy and Eli

Paula said...

Lisa and David,
You, so graciously, share how amazing your children are and move us all with stories of growth, inspiration and pure joy. You talk about how these two beautiful miracles changed your life and how lucky you are to have them as your children. Anyone who has met them can attest to their wonder and how just being in their presence makes you feel like changing the world with love. I just want to take a moment to say that you and David found an opening in a sky full of grey clouds and were catalysts for the explosion of sunshine that arrived into the US that Labor Day Weekend! You are both amazing people and those angels of hope disguised as toddlers are but a reflection of you both. I hope that every child in this world has an opportunity to experience the kind of love that you give to them. It is a gift. As are you both. I am so excited to see how amazing they will be as adults! Watch out world!

Jenny said...

Lisa, your post made me cry. Happy 2nd anniversary of your Family Day. Wonderful. Hugs to you all. Jenny, Mario, Davide and Helina (P.S. We hope to meet you all in person one summer at one of the annual culture camps)