Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Last Week

Last week before I went back for my 4 shifts in a row we had a couple of great family days.  What are family days you ask?  Hmmm.  Days where we do something fun and different and everyone has a good time, there are very little to no tantrums, no yelling, and lots and lots of laughter and love.  I'd like to say every day is like that with children and there are always parts of the days that are filled with love and laughter.  But today as I am recovering from my first day in my new role as "primary stay at home parent" that is just not the case :) It really wasn't that bad actually and I was happily surprised how quickly the day went and how much I really need a mid-day nap.

So our first adventure last week was to six flags.  We did it right this time.  The weather was good and we went in the afternoon after nap time as to avoid any pre-nap meltdowns.  It was a blast!  We stayed until the park closed which I surely didn't expect to do.  But the kids were having so much fun and so we just kept riding rides and playing in the water.




The next night we went "camping".  It involved a tent so I consider it camping but the tent was set up in our living room.  I got this idea from some lovely fun hip momma I am sure, b/c I don't come up with these things on my own.  David declined participation in the slumber party and thought I was nuts, but was a good sport and set up the 4 man tent in our living room.  It was fun!  We ate snacks and watched a movie in the tent.  By 10 pm the tent was empty.  Abraham requested he go to his bed first.  Then as Mimi and I were attempting to go to sleep she requested to go to my bed.  So we kicked daddy out and slept on the king size bed.  It was a fun time even though no slumbering was involved in our slumber party.








No comments: