These two are a hoot. The more their language develops, the more they interact and converse with not only us, but one another. One of my favorite things these days is Abraham's praise to anyone using the potty. I don't get much privacy. Neither does Mimi. When either one of us has to use the bathroom the whole crew comes. Sometimes the dog comes too. Mimi tries to kick Abraham out of the bathroom. She tells me she wants her privacy and wants Bubba out. We tried to ask him to leave once and to give us some privacy. That didn't go over well. So for now when one of us has to go we all go. And as soon as he hears the tinkling in the potty he gets so excited and genuinely says "good job Mimi" or "Good job Mama" every single time. I caught a re-do of it on my phone with prompting but unfortunately didn't get it the first time around. But seriously every single time we all get some praise from the little man for using the big potty!
And yet another video to explain first. I work nights 3 1/2 nights a week. So I sleep in the daytime half of the time. Well David has trained the kids to be quiet. Sort of. Both of them know mommy is sleeping and know that there shouldn't be yelling b/c of my off the wall sleep schedule. Not that I hear a damn thing anyways b/c after working all night I'm comatose basically, but that is okay. So in this video here they are at the park. And Abraham is getting loud and shouting(which let's face it always ticks Mimi off). At the end of the video Mimi is shouting at Abraham to be quiet because "SHHH! MOMMY IS NIGHT NIGHT". She is so serious about it. It took me a couple times watching it to see what was going on. But it's totally funny at the park knowing momma's sleeping but not realizing I'm not in earshot :)
On a different note. The kids are at Nana's and Papa's for the weekend. I asked my baby boy if he wanted to stay with momma or go to Nana and Papa's this morning and he happily shouted "Nana and Papa's"!!! I wish I could say we are using the time wisely going out on the town and living it up.
We are not.
But I am still enjoying the quiet time. Before David fell asleep in the glare of the sun we were talking. The house was creepily silent and still. Even the dog went to Nana and Papa's. The schizophrenic dog is another story. So it was very very quiet. I told him just 16 years from now this is how it will be. Just him and I looking at each other in a dead silent empty living room{SIGH}. I am also sitting in the quiet room secretly wondering just why I gave away all our baby stuff so soon.
1 comment:
Abe's little voice is so cute (in the first video). You tell him, Mimi!(in the 2nd video). Looking forward to REALLY seeing you guys in a couple weeks!
Enjoy your peaceful weekend; they will be back soon.
Post a Comment